Key stats on the 2010 SuperBowl Ads*:
• $3 million for a one 30-second spot
• Seven 15-second spots in the game, the most since 2002
• Dot-coms were the biggest category in this year’s game with 5 minutes and 45 seconds of time, followed by autos and beer, each with 5:30
• 106.5 million viewers this year – the highest ever according to the Nielson Company
• 41 paid advertisers in the game
• A total of 66 different messages were aired
• Top four advertisers in terms of total ad time were Anheuser-Busch InBev, Hyundai, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo, accounting for 25 percent of the total paid ad time
• Two commercials from Doritos, both created by consumers, were among the top-watched spots in households with TiVo, with one ad entitled “House Rules” ranking number one and another called “Underdog” finishing fourth. Joelle De Jesus of Hollywood won $25,000 for “House Rules.”
• USA Today’s ranking named Snickers the big winner with its spot featuring Betty White and Abe Vigoda playing football.
Worth seeing for entertainment value: Etrade Baby – girlfriend, Bud Light Castaways, Bridgestone – Your Tires or Your Life, Doritos ads, Bud Light Asteroid, Motorola – Megan Fox, Boost Mobile – Super Bowl Shuffle, Budweiser – Bridge Out and TruTV – Troy Polamalu. Uninspiring were Dockers, Godaddy.