A 2011 survey ranking the top 100 brands as selected by US consumers conveys the top attributes of those brands that ranked highest.
• offer low prices and high quality;
• provide a consistently branded experience;
• listen to their customers; and
• consistently exceed customer expectations.
It is no surprise that some of the companys selected were USAA, Amazon, Red Lobster, Charles Schwab, Olive Garden, Netflix, Zappos, Southwest Airlines, Krispy Kreme, Subway and Apple.
• Has an ingrained customer satisfaction culture. (The customer is always right.)
• Has the ability to deliver on their customers’ expectations.
• Is highly innovative.
• Listens to its customers.
• Develops new products.
• Strives to charge their customers less.
• Does what they say they are going to do.
• Has the ability to stand in their customers’ shoes.
Now THAT is thought-provoking. Interestingly, these attributes build great personal brands as well.