It is important for us to consider that consumers place visual appearance and color above other factors when shopping. Buying habits are complex but here are some quick percentage points made in a kissmetrics study on the color of psychology. See the infographic here.
• 85% of shoppers place color as a primary reason for why they buy a particular product.
• Color increases brand recognition by 80%.
• 52% of consumers are more likely to enter a store when there is a sale sign in the window.
• 60% of consumers feel at ease and are more likely to buy a product that has the word “guaranteed” associated with it.
• 42% of shoppers base their opinion of a website on overall design alone.
• 52% of shoppers did not return to a website because of overall aesthetics.
Infographics – visuals conveying complex concepts
Infographics can help guide us toward better marketing. They neatly combine statistics and design to communicate multiple layers of information.
Here is a list of links to interesting infographics that can help you think about how you use color.
• The most powerful colors of the world – infographic
• Colors in culture – infographic
• Color preferences by gender – infographic
• The psychology of color – infographic
• How color influences consumers – infographic
• How color affect purchases – infographic