Knowledge is power. Conveying that knowledge with infographics (or “data viz” for data visualization) is a new way of seeing. An infographic neatly combines statistics and design to communicate multiple layers of information. Great for your presentations when a graphic can speak volumes. Highly effective when it’s important to illustrate information clearly and quickly. Ideal for communicating with your online audience. A visually pleasing and compelling infographic is likely to be shared on potentially buzz-generating social networks – expanding your reach.
Studies have proven that people retain about 10% of information conveyed orally. Since the majority of people are visual learners, it stands to reason that when information is also visually presented, retention rate increases to 50%. Infographics can help validate your argument.
For infographic success you need:
• a topic that directly relates to your product and/or service
• to provide an answer to a specific question or problem
• information people will want to share
• well-researched, precise, accurate and well-organized information
• easy to read visually powerful design
• to make sure that the reader’s eye easily flows down the page
• charts, vectors, artwork and use of typography that are engaging to read
• to incorporate company branding, including your branded color palette
• to make your infographic easy to share with social media connections
Be careful not to overwhelm the viewer. Simplicity is important. Take small steps to a more digestible flow of content and success can be yours.